Olive oil is known for its savoury flavour and numerous health benefits. It is natural oil – free of cholesterol, salt, trans-fat, sugar and gluten. Being rich in monounsaturated fat, the olive oil provides energy to our body by absorbing vitamins and is essential for growth and development.
People of the Mediterranean region have been using olive oil for thousands of years and it is now more popular than ever due to its many proven health benefits and its culinary usefulness.
Varieties of Olive oil:
There are many varieties of olive oil, you can pick the one which suits your needs, the main varieties are:
Extra-Virgin Olive oil- This is pure olive oil without any chemical treatment and has maximum health benefits and excellent taste.
Virgin Olive oil: This is also without any chemical treatment but has free acidity up to 1.5% as compared to extra virgin oil which has 0.8% maximum free acidity.
Refined Olive oil: This is obtained from the virgin olive oil and is refined using physical and chemical filters. But this process does not change the initial glyceridic structure. The Oil which is available or categorized as Olive or Pure Olive oil is actually refined olive oil.
Olive Pomace oil: It is a refined pomace olive oil usually blended with some virgin oil and has a neutral flavour. It has the same fat composition as normal olive oil but high smoke point which makes it suitable for home cooking.
All these types of Olive oils are available at Meragrocer.com that too with buy one get one free offer :
- Leonardo Olive oil – Extra Virgin Buy 1 Get 1 Free @ Rs.1299
- Leonardo Olive oil – Pure Buy 1 Get 1 Free @ Rs.1199
- Leonardo Pomace Olive oil- Buy 1 Get 1 Free @ Rs.799
So grab these hot deals on our best extra virgin olive oils .Go ahead, purchase olive oil and have great, healthful meals! Also, the quality checks are carried out by the professionals of Leonardo Olive Oil to ensure the purity during the manufacturing of the oil.
Try this Tandoori Chicken made with extra virgin olive oil:
2 – spring chicken, about 500 gm each
– ¾ cup – yoghurt
– 1 ½ tsp – salt
– 1 ½ tsp – crushed garlic
– 1 ½ tsp – finely grated fresh ginger
– ½ tsp – white pepper
– ½ tsp – chilly powder
– 1 tsp – garam masala
– ½ tsp – ground fenugreek, optional
– red food color, optional
– 2 tbsp – Extra virgin olive oil for oven method
-2 tbsp –Ghee/butter
- Cut through the skin of the chicken right down the centre, front and back with the help of sharp Knife.
- Make slits in the flesh to allow spices to penetrate through it.
- Combine yoghurt with all the other necessary ingredients (except ground fenugreek and ghee) in order to make marinade:
- Apply marinade all over and inside the chickens by rubbing it thoroughly and leave it for next 2-4 hours, or cover it and refrigerate overnight.
- If you’re cooking on a barbeque, cut chicken in halves length ways and ensure that the fire has sufficient time to burn down to glowing coals.
- Place chicken on a rack about the coals and allow to cook until tender, turning the pieces so that they cook on both sides.
- If cooking in an oven, use hot oven pre-heated to 200ºC.
- Put 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a roasting pan; put the two chickens in the pan, side by side.
- Spoon melted ghee over them and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn chickens on one side and roast for another 15 minutes, then turn them on the other side, and roast it again for a further 15 minutes.
- For the final 10-15 minutes of browning, turn the chicken breast upwards and baste every 5 minutes.
- If oven has a rotisserie, cook the chicken on this.
- It will still be important to baste the chicken as the skin has been removed.